Terms and Conditions
NECA Urban Traffic Management Control (UTMC) is a Partnership between the Local Authorities in Durham, Northumberland, Tyneside, Wearside and Nexus, for which Newcastle City Council is the Lead Authority. As Lead Authority, Newcastle City Council is responsible for the day to day running and maintenance of the UTMC website. Newcastle City Council is committed to the highest standard of quality information and every attempt has been made to present up to date and accurate information. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. However, the council makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information [and related graphics] published in this site. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of the council for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on such information is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Neither the council nor any of its employees or other representatives will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This limitation of liability applies to all damages of any kind, including direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit and claims of any third parties. The exclusions and limitations of liability in this disclaimer do not exclude or limit the liability of the council to you for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our employees or representatives. From time to time this website may also include links to external Internet sites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). Newcastle City Council will endeavour not to link or promote businesses or organisations that:
- are defamatory, malicious, threatening, false, misleading, offensive, abusive, discriminatory, harassing, blasphemous, political or racist,
- are indecent, obscene or of a sexual nature,
- are a breach of confidentiality or someone's privacy;
- could prejudice any active legal proceedings;
- are likely to:
- cause someone alarm, anxiety or distress;
- encourage violence or racial or religious hatred;
- infringe any intellectual property rights, such as copyright and trade marks. (This means generally that you must own the rights in everything you submit or must obtain permission from the rights owner to submit the material);
- are technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software, harmful data or conduct);
- impersonate anyone else or otherwise misrepresents your identity, affiliation or status;
- encourage or teach conduct that is a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or is otherwise unlawful.
The Council reserves the right to refuse to have on its website, or remove from it, any content or link which it considers in its absolute discretion to meet any of these criteria or to otherwise be inappropriate.
Making your use of the site enjoyable means we need to fix bugs, install updates and do general diagnosis and maintenance of the site. We will try to do scheduled maintenance during times when we anticipate that online use is lower than normal. We also need to be able to do emergency maintenance and/or suspend access to the servers where, in our reasonable discretion, we see the need to do that. We will try to have the site available again as soon as we think it is safe to do so.
The map layer of this website is Copyright © OpenStreetMap contributors, CC-BY-SA. All other information and data provided on this website is the copyright of the local authority providing the source data and of Newcastle City Council unless explicitly marked otherwise. Re-use You may re-use the information on this website free of charge in any format. Re-use includes copying, issuing copies to the public, publishing, broadcasting and translating into other languages. It also covers research and study. Re-use is subject to the following conditions. You must:
- acknowledge the source and relevant copyright owner in cases where you supply the information to others;
- reproduce the information accurately; and
- not use the information in a misleading way.
Freedom of Information
Freedom of information requests relating to specific events or occurrences should be addressed to the relevant Highway Authority concerned. For information relating to the NECA UTMC facility, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
NECA UTMC Facility
Room 2.01, 2nd Floor, The Stephenson Building
Newcastle upon Tyne